This literature-based history course adds historical fiction to an engaging middle school history text, covering ancient civilizations through the fall of Rome.
- Learn about famous people, places, and events in ancient times: the Fertile Crescent, Ancient Egypt and Kush, Ancient India, Ancient China, Ancient Israel, Ancient Greece, and Ancient Rome through about 500 CE.
- Learn new words in context related to history and geography.
- Improve their understanding of maps and world geography during ancient times.
Contrast the various civilizations studied.
Students will have readings in the text and activities posted in Canvas each week to review the material, including a review exercise at the end of each week. During class, reader’s theater-type plays, simulations, and review games will reinforce the materials studied each week. Students will have opportunity to share specific things they have learned from their own readings as well as sharing their projects.
- High speed, broadband Internet
- Headset and microphone (for live sessions)
- Streaming video capabilities to watch recorded lectures
- Microsoft Word and Power Point are very helpful. If a different word processing program is used, students will need to save or export documents to a pdf.
Evaluation and Feedback