Terms and Conditions
Child Safety and Privacy
We need your consent to collect personal information about your child in order to enroll your child in Aim Academy Online classes. You provide this consent by agreeing to our Terms and Conditions at checkout. We do not sell or share this information with any third-party providers. The information is securely stored in our Student Information System and is for internal use only.
A full statement about how we protect your child’s safety and privacy in our classes is here.
By agreeing to our terms and conditions, parents agree that they are fully responsible for monitoring their child’s behavior online and in our classes. Parents are assisted in this responsibility by accepting the invitation to be an observer of their child’s student account in Canvas. Parents should monitor their child’s activity in his/her classes regularly.
Please read the course description, confirm the class schedule (all times are Eastern), and get all your questions answered before registering. If there is a placement test or course application, please use that to help you determine whether or not your child is ready for the difficulties of the course. Thanks! (When a class is not a good fit for your family, it is also a disappointment for the teacher, too.)
Request a course change/withdrawal/refund using THIS FORM.
Registration fees are nonrefundable. Refunds are issued through the original payment method unless otherwise specified by you.
For full year classes paid in full, the following refund policies apply:
- We issue a 80% refund if you withdraw from the course prior to the third Monday of August.
- We issue an 60% refund if you withdraw from the course prior to Week 7. ( First week of October)
- No refunds are issued after Oct. 1.
For mini-courses and one semester courses paid in full:
- 80% refund if you withdraw prior to the first Monday of the first week of the course.
- 60% if you withdraw prior to 3rd week of the course.
- No refunds issued after 1st Monday of Week 3.
For students on a payment plan, the following refund policies apply:
- We issue a refund less 20% of the full scheduled payment, if you withdraw prior to the third Monday in August. (For example, if full payment would have been $600, we return what you have paid, less $120).
- We issue a refund less 40% of full scheduled payment, if you withdraw prior to Week 7. (no refunds after October 1)
- The same policies apply to mini-courses and semester courses if you withdraw prior to the 3rd week of the course. No refunds after the 1st Monday of Week 3.
- By selecting a payment plan, you agree to complete payment even if your child withdraws or stops participating in the class after the refund period has passed.
For charter school students:
- Parents are responsible for the full payment of the course if they withdraw after the refund period ends (Oct 1 or Week 3 of a mini or semester course.)
- The refund policies listed above apply if the withdrawal occurs during the refund/withdrawal period.
Payment plans are provided as a courtesy to our families at $10/mo per course. By selecting a payment plan, you agree to complete payment for the course, even if your student drops or fails to complete the course after the refund period has passed (week 6 for full year classes). See the full refund policy here.
Customers may pay off their balance at any time by request. The $10/mo fee is then deducted for the remaining months.
Above all, we never sell or share your information with anyone outside of our organization.
Information We Collect
We collect various types of information from our website visitors so we can adjust our websites to meet our users’ needs and expectations. Some of this information is collected automatically and other information is provided by our site users.
Information collected automatically
We collect limited information your browser makes available when visiting websites. This information, which helps us assess the effectiveness of our websites, includes:
- Your Internet Protocol address
- The Browser type (Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- Your computer’s operating system (Windows, Macintosh, etc.)
- Your Internet domain (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)
- URLs of the websites you come to our websites from
- The pages on our website that you visit
- Your country, territory, or region
If you create an account on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you place another order on our site or post a review.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the USA .
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
You can also opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics with effect for the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser. If you do not want your data to be stored, please install the de-activation-tool provided by Google: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information, see www.tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout or www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html (general information about Google Analytics and Data Protection).
How long we retain your data
If you leave a review, the review and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
For users that register on our website , we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left reviews, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. To request the removal of your information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org